Elliptic Curve Prime factorisation

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 22:28:28 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM, mukesh tiwari
<mukeshtiwari.iiitm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all , I have implemented Elliptic curve prime factorisation
> using wikipedia [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenstra_elliptic_curve_factorization].
> I think that this code is not optimised and posting for further
> improvement. Feel free to comment and if you have any link regarding
> Elliptic curve prime factorisation , kindly post it.
> Thank you

You can get a lot of good suggestions for your code quickly and easily
by going over it with pylint.

For performance, you could try the gmpy module - it's good at dealing
with large numbers.  For an example, you might examine
http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/svn/huge-prime/trunk .  BTW, huge-prime
dates from just shortly before I started routinely going over my code
with pylint.