python 3 and Unicode line breaking

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jan 14 17:54:34 EST 2011

On 14 Jan 2011 22:10:02 GMT
Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> This is good, helpful advice, and far more useful to the OP than just
> ignoring his post. You have jumped to his defense (or rather, you have
> jumped to criticise me) but I see that you haven't replied to his
> question or given him any advice in how to solve his problem.

Simply because I have no elaborate answer to give, even in the light of
his/her recent precisions on the topic (and, actually, neither do you).
Asking for precisions is certainly fine; doing it in an agressive way
is not, especially when the original message doesn't look like the
usual blunt, impolite and typo-ridden "can you do my homework" message.

Also, I would expect someone familiar with the textwrap module's (lack
of) unicode capabilities would have been able to answer the first
message without even asking for precisions.

Regards

Antoine.