python 3 and Unicode line breaking

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Jan 14 08:48:29 EST 2011

Steven D'Aprano, 14.01.2011 01:15:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:45:31 -0800, leoboiko wrote:
>> Is there an equivalent to the textwrap module that knows about the
>> Unicode line breaking algorithm (UAX #14,
>> http://unicode.org/reports/tr14/ )?
>
> Is access to Google blocked where you are, or would you just like us to
> do your searches for you?
>
> If you have tried searching, please say so, otherwise most people will
> conclude you haven't bothered, and most likely will not bother to reply.

I think the OP was asking for something like the "textwrap" module (which
the OP apparently knows about), but based on a special line break algorithm
which, as suggested by the way the OP asks, is not supported by textwrap.

Sadly, the OP did not clearly state that the required feature is really not
supported by "textwrap" and in what way textwrap behaves differently. That
would have helped in answering.

Stefan