python 3 and Unicode line breaking

leoboiko leoboiko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 09:46:22 EST 2011

On Jan 14, 11:28 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
> Does this help?
>
> http://packages.python.org/kitchen/api-text-display.html

Ooh, it doesn’t appear to be a full line-breaking
implementation but it certainly helps for what I want to do
in my project! Thanks much!

(There’s also the alternative of using something like PyICU
to access a C library, something I had forgotten about
entirely.)

Antoine wrote:
> If you're willing to help on that matter (or some aspects of them,
> textwrap-specific or not), you can open an issue on
> http://bugs.python.org and propose a patch.

I’m not sure my poor coding is good enough to contribute but I’ll
keep this is mind if I find myself implementing the algorithm or
wanting to patch textwrap.  Thanks.