Community Involvement

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:51:51 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Sells, Fred
<fred.sells at adventistcare.org> wrote:
> After the completion of most training courses, the students are not yet
> ready to make a meaningful contribution to the community.

That's quite possibly true, but they may very well be in a position to
recognize a documentation error/omission and assist, or alternatively,
to triage some bugs. There are plenty of OSS projects that could do
with a hand there; does it have to be Python specifically? Python's
docs are pretty good, but I'm sure there will always be value in
people spending time on http://bugs.python.org/ and seeing if they can
reproduce the bugs.

ChrisA