HID Device Drivers for OS X

chrisallick chrisallick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 23:46:14 EDT 2011

Hi,
   I spent almost all day trying to figure out how to capture a click
from this button:

http://www.dreamcheeky.com/big-red-button

I tried libusb, PyUSB, HIDAPI and probably a couple other things.  No
luck.  My understanding is that libusb won't allow me to get at the
interface and the example I found using PyUSB to read a magnetic card
reader errors with a segmentation fault in the libusb library.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I looked the OS X I/O Kit
at developer.apple.com, but it seems really confusing and over kill.
I have the vendor ID and product ID, it seems like it would be really
simple to read when the button is clicked.

Any thoughts?