Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 21:27:55 EDT 2011

On Apr 13, 8:10 pm, James Mills <prolo... at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Hello James,

Whist your post was a bit abrasive i know you are a good person so
that is why i am replying.

> It would be nice for once to see you get off your
> lazy "butt" and actually do something rather than
> continually "rant" at us. Most of us (myself included)
> simply use Python in our day jobs or as a hobby.

I am working James, very hard a work as a matter of fact. I am
planting seeds, seeds for change. But as we know seeds need to be sown
and many bitter winters are keeping these seed from budding into
healthy saplings. In my dream of dreams i see a completely re-written
IDLE, something this community can be proud of, something that young
Python programmers can look to for guidance and knowledge.
Unfortunatly this "something" should have been done long ago but the
will is not there. However no project will ever get "will" unless the
parties start working togehter without prejudices. And this prejudiced
is coming directly from the top tiers of this community. ALL THE WAY
TO THE TOP... james.

> Not once have I seen you actually "do something":
> 1) Write a patch

I have wrote patches, many of them. Some people have written more than
me but mine still count

> 2) Formalize a new design for xyz

I have been formalizing and crusading for many design changes however
my roads have been blocked at every turn by egos and elites.

> 3) File a bug report for xyz

I have mentioned many bugs on this list.

> Complaining doesn't really get you very far, nor does
> berating others (even if indirectly).

There is nothing "indirect" about my statements Mr Mills. They are
meant for a few trouble makers and these trouble makers know who they
are.

> Whilst I agree that there are some folk who "might"
> be guilty of egotist / arrogant attitudes there isn't
> much anyone can do abou that - that's just part of
> life and part of social interaction(s). Get over it.

No, ignoring a problem does not make it go away. We must fight
relentlessly against the infiltration of selfishness into our beloved
community. Just think what would have happend if the world ignored
that little fiery piss ant from Austria with the excessive nose hairs.

> For the most part - the Python Community as a whole
> is very helpful, positive and has a lot of nice thinigs about it
> (not just the language).

Well then let us challenge this community. A pepsi challenge if you
will. Who will help me solve the problem that currently plagues my
Tkinter code? Anyone... i thought so.