Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

Ryan Kelly ryan at rfk.id.au
Wed Apr 13 21:29:52 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 17:39 -0700, rantingrick wrote:

> 1. Poor documentation (or lack thereof):
> Everyone knows that dcoumentation is important however at the end of
> the day laziness is the rule of thumb for profesionals and weekend
> teckies alike. But why be a part of any open source community and
> propagate laziness? We must be more strict about doumentation. However
> it seems the age old policies of "it's not what you know, but *who*
> you know" or more correct;y adapted tot he situation at hand..."it's
> not imprtant how well you document a module *unless* you are not a
> goodfella (psst: a memeber of Guido inc).

Oh rr, if only the time you spent formulating such eloquent prose could
be devoted instead to improving the documentation whose state you
bemoan.

I weep that your delightful rhetoric is limited to this neglected forum,
where the guardians of python core deign not to tread, and hence denied
its rightful place exalted among python's canonical lore.

> I have enlightened this group long ago of the
> limitless possibilities of IDLE to be a good primer for our budding
> young programmers however like all my great brain children this one
> has been cast aside like a red headed stepchild.

I can only imagine the hi-jinx that ensure at your yearly great brain
family reunion.

  Ryan

--
Ryan Kelly