Too much code - slicing

AK andrei.avk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 20:38:16 EDT 2010

On 09/19/2010 07:18 PM, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> AK wrote:
>
>> Afaik the idea is that you can read a novel at the speed of half a page
>> a second or so and understand it to the same extent as people who'd read
>> at a normal rate.
>
> I've never understood why anyone would *want* to read a
> novel that fast, though. For me at least, reading a novel
> is something done for pleasure, so reading it at ten times
> normal speed would waste 90% of the benefit.

One definite advantage would be that if, say, it takes you 70 pages of a
given novel to figure out whether you like it enough to continue, you'd
want to read those pages in 2 minutes rather than an hour.
Unfortunately, beginning of a novel is where I have to read at the
slowest rate because I'm not used to author's style and pacing yet
and I don't want to miss something crucial.

  -ak