I strongly dislike Python 3

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Wed Jun 30 21:48:12 EDT 2010

On 6/27/2010 1:09 PM, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
>> I agree that there may be not much reason to port custom proprietary
>> apps that are working fine and which would hardly benefit from, let
>> alone need, and new Py3 features.
>
> In the long run, there will be a benefit: at some point in the future
> (surely years from now), /usr/bin/python will be Python 3.

    I'd argue that the name of Python 3 should be consistently
be "python3" in distributions.  Python versions are going to have to
coexist for most of the next decade, and this will avoid
confusion.

    The 10th anniversary of the announcement of PERL 6 is coming
up on July 19th, and it still hasn't displaced PERL 5 as the
"primary" version.

				John Nagle