Win7. Why Don't Matplotlib, ... Show up in Control Panel Add-Remove?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 13:00:53 EDT 2010

On 08/08/2010 10:16 AM, W. eWatson wrote:
> See Subject. I use matplotlib, scipy, numpy and possibly one other
> module. If I go to the control panel, I only see numpy listed. Why? I
> use a search and find only numpy and Python itself. How can matplotlib
> and scipy be uninstalled?

The best way is probably to find the folders in site-packages that
contain these modules and simply delete them.  They will be
self-contained in folders, so it should be a pretty clean delete.

Or you could try just installing the versions you want on top of the
existing versions.  This should work, even for a downgrade.