alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 21:47:59 EST 2009

On Jan 21, 5:04 am, "Russ P." <Russ.Paie... at gmail.com> wrote:
> If pylint can check access violations, then it seems to me that
> someone (who is familiar with the internals of the Python interpreter)
> should be able to integrate that feature into Python itself relatively
> easily.

If pylint performs the data access protection checks you want, then it
seems to me that it would be a better idea to mandate the use of
pylint on any projects you're working on - either in the IDE or when
checking in to a repository - rather than slow down Python as a whole
by providing functionality that doesn't seem to be in demand by the
majority of users.

I've never understood why so many things "must" reside in the language
itself when the same effect can be achieved through a well written
module.

(And that's not even commenting on the whole "I have no skill in this
area and only second-hand knowledge that it's possible but it's
*obvious* to me that it's trivial and *someone else* should easily be
able to do the work for me!" nature of your post...)