PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?

Todd Whiteman toddw at activestate.com
Tue Sep 16 21:16:19 EDT 2008

Todd Whiteman wrote:
> Mark Hammond's Python/Mozilla work has enabled products like Komodo,
> Miro (Democracy) and the OLPC project to use Python as a major driver
> for consistent cross-platform GUI applications.
>
> Personally, I believe XULRunner has a lot to offer for Python GUI
> development, I'm currently finishing up some documentation steps to show
> off how to use it specifically for Python (I'll post it to this list
> when it's finished).

Here is the tutorial I've started in order to show off building a
Python/XULRunner GUI application.
http://pyxpcomext.mozdev.org/no_wrap/tutorials/pyxulrunner/python_xulrunner_about.html

The details in this tutorial mostly targets a Windows/Linux platform
(MacOSX is possible with a few deviations, I have tried to cover these
deviations where applicable).

Feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Todd