PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?

Todd Whiteman toddw at activestate.com
Fri Sep 5 12:33:35 EDT 2008

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> A long time ago, there was a Python plugin for Netscape
> which allowed you to run Python straight in the browser. Perhaps
> it's time to revive such an idea... but then you're still missing
> out on the GUI part, since you're still stuck with what the
> browser has to offer in terms of widget support.

There is still a plugin (extension) for Mozilla based products, that
enables use of Python in products like Firefox:
http://pyxpcomext.mozdev.org/

Mark Hammond's Python/Mozilla work has enabled products like Komodo,
Miro (Democracy) and the OLPC project to use Python as a major driver
for consistent cross-platform GUI applications.

Personally, I believe XULRunner has a lot to offer for Python GUI
development, I'm currently finishing up some documentation steps to show
off how to use it specifically for Python (I'll post it to this list
when it's finished).

Cheers,
Todd