CGI Python problem

Tim O'Toole timotoole at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 03:51:17 EST 2008

> Well, if Python's not installed, the next step is _getting_ it installed --
> whether having your admin install it globally (I mean, who *doesn't* install
> python?! ;-)  or you install it locally in your home directory as detailed
> at [1] where you download the source and compile from scratch (assuming you
> have a C compiler available).

Thanks for your help,

I'd have no problem compiling python on the webserver, but there isnt
user accounts on the webserver. The thing is though I dont need to
ssh/telnet/rlogin to get to another machine, it seems all the machines
hard disks are more of less mounted in a common hierarchy. So in
theory, thats why I thought altering the shebang would work. The
problem arises I think because the webserver is using SunOS whereas my
local machine is Linux, so python on my machine is non binary
compatiable with the server. I logged onto a couple of other Sun
Machines and it seems that python isnt installed in any of them (it is
installed on the linux machines). Time to chat to the administrator I
think.

Thanks ever so much for your help, it was much appreciated.