CGI Python problem

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Nov 6 20:54:53 EST 2008

Tim O'Toole wrote:
> Alas that cgi script confirmed python is not installed on the server
> machine (which I had assumed it was).

Did you also try it with the "find" variant in addition to just
the "which" version?  This would find Python if it wasn't on the
$PATH.

> Looks like game over with this avenue of trouble shooting?

Well, if Python's not installed, the next step is _getting_ it
installed -- whether having your admin install it globally (I
mean, who *doesn't* install python?! ;-)  or you install it
locally in your home directory as detailed at [1] where you
download the source and compile from scratch (assuming you have a
C compiler available).

If you can't get Python installed, then yes, it's game-over :)

-tkc

[1]
http://markmail.org/message/iezezfd7655xclyl