2.6, 3.0, and truly independent intepreters

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Nov 5 17:09:22 EST 2008

On 5 Nov, 20:44, "Andy O'Meara" <and... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 10:59 am, sturlamolden <sturlamol... at yahoo.no> wrote:
>
> > For Christ sake, researchers
> > write global climate models using MPI. And you think a toy problem
> > like 'real-time video processing' is a show stopper for using multiple
> > processes.
>
> I'm not sure why you're posting this sort of stuff when it seems like
> you haven't checked out earlier posts in the this thread.  Also, you
> do yourself and the people here a disservice in the way that you're
> speaking to me here.  You never know who you're really talking to or
> who's reading.

I think your remarks about "people in the scientific and academic
communities" went down the wrong way, giving (or perhaps reinforcing)
the impression that such people live carefree lives and write software
unconstrained by external factors.

Anyway, to keep things constructive, I should ask (again) whether you
looked at tinypy [1] and whether that might possibly satisfy your
embedded requirements. As I noted before, the developers might share
your outlook on a number of matters. Otherwise, you might peruse the
list of Python implementations:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/implementation

Paul

[1] http://www.tinypy.org/