special editor support for indentation needed.

Andreas Roehler andreas.roehler at online.de
Tue Nov 18 02:43:19 EST 2008

Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> Jeremiah Dodds wrote:
>
>> Eric, I don't have a good readily available solution to what you're
>> trying to do, but it seems to me that it would be worth your time to get
>> comfortable with elisp, and how it's used in emacs. The emacs
>> documentation is pretty good, even if you don't know lisp, and I think
>> it would be one of the easiest languages to integrate well with voice
>> recognition. I don't think you would need to touch what is commonly
>> referred to as emacs internals to do what you want. There's a good
>> chance that you'd be able to greatly improve emacs voice-recognition
>> support pretty easily in a month or twos time.
>
> for reasons too long to go into, trying to modify Emacs extensively is not a
> long-term win.

IMO Jeremiah Dodds is right. With all the time spent on this discussion, you could write the
needed function in elisp probably. BTW your request seems reasonable. Other python programmers may use it too.

Whats Emacs? To an important extent, it's that, you want it to be.
So if you have your code, your functions, why it shouldn't it be a long term win?

Anyway you should tell, which python-mode and which Emacs you use if any.

Andreas Röhler