special editor support for indentation needed.

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Nov 18 15:18:26 EST 2008

Andreas Roehler wrote:

> IMO Jeremiah Dodds is right. With all the time spent on this discussion, you
> could write the needed function in elisp probably. BTW your request seems
> reasonable. Other python programmers may use it too.

I tried learning lisp about 15 years ago.  even bought a copy of the little
lisper.  after a few days, I gave up because there was just too much learning
curve for the reward.  I know that sounds a touch arrogant but in truth, I'd
prefer to put my energy into building a better bridge between NaturallySpeaking
and linux apps.  bigger pay off helping more people.  with reguard to emacs
changes I hope for and would appreciate it if someone would partner up with me
and help build these (and other) changes into python mode.  I will also point
out that if another IDE is better suited, I'm open to that too.

> Anyway you should tell, which python-mode and which Emacs you use if any.

This is GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-09-08 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)

and I'm using the python mode that came with emacs.  no version number but...

;;; python.el --- silly walks for Python  -*- coding: iso-8859-1 -*-

;; Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008  Free Software Foundation, Inc.