DISLIN 9.3 stuck

adolfo aguirre.adolfo at gmail.com
Wed May 7 20:55:35 EDT 2008

On May 7, 2:03 am, Weinhandl Herbert <weinh... at unileoben.ac.at> wrote:
> adolfo wrote:
> > I built the following little program:
>
> > from numpy import *
> > fromdislinimport *
>
> > def main():
> >     x = arange (100, typecode=Float32)
> >     plot (x, sin (x/5))
> >     disfin ()
>
> > main()
>
> > *** Here are the problems:
>
> > 1. The "from Numeric import" statement did not work, I replaced with
> > "from numpy import*" and no complains form the interpreter.
>
> > 2. If I enyter "fromdislinimport *" I get:
> >  Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
> >     fromdislinimport *
> > ImportError: No module nameddislin
>
> > I checked the environmental variables paths and it all seems Ok:
> > c:\dislin
> > SYSTEM PATH = %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;\System32;\Wbem;C:
> > \Archivos de programa;\QuickTime;\QTSystem;C:\dislin\win
> > PYTHON PATH = C:\Archivos de programa\ArcGIS\bin;c:\dislin\python
>
> the environment variable is PYTHONPATH and i has to contain the directory
> where thedislin.pyd module can be found;

** Thank you for the comments:
1- The strange thing is that I went to the dislin directory in the C:
drive and there was no disli.pyd file anywhere. I found the file in
the My Documents subdirectory where I had originally unzipped the
dislin archived files I downloaded and from where I run the setup.

> you should set environment variableDISLINtoo
> (see python.inf, which you can find in thedislin-distribution)

2 - Well I have followed the DISLIN 9.3 inf file for Python 2.5.2 for
Windows. It contains commands for a unix command line "unzip -o
dl_93_py.zip setup first and then... " and then:

" Windows 98/ME

        Add the following commands to the autoexec.bat file

        PATH=c:\dislin\win;%PATH%
        SET DISLIN=c:\dislin
        SET PYTHONPATH=c:\dislin\python

     Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista

        The environment variables can be set or modified with the
        Control Panel
        (see -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment
        Variables)."

 *** I have followed all these directions but DISLIN still does not
shop up as a module when making the Python calls.

It keeps me entertained in spite that my productivity is cero ;-)

Adolfo