DISLIN 9.3 starting issues

Weinhandl Herbert weinhand at unileoben.ac.at
Wed May 7 02:03:48 EDT 2008

adolfo wrote:

> I built the following little program:
>
> from numpy import *
> from dislin import *
>
> def main():
>     x = arange (100, typecode=Float32)
>     plot (x, sin (x/5))
>     disfin ()
>
> main()
>
> *** Here are the problems:
>
> 1. The "from Numeric import" statement did not work, I replaced with
> "from numpy import*" and no complains form the interpreter.
>
> 2. If I enyter "from dislin import *" I get:
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
>     from dislin import *
> ImportError: No module named dislin
>
> I checked the environmental variables paths and it all seems Ok:
> c:\dislin
> SYSTEM PATH = %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;\System32;\Wbem;C:
> \Archivos de programa;\QuickTime;\QTSystem;C:\dislin\win
> PYTHON PATH = C:\Archivos de programa\ArcGIS\bin;c:\dislin\python

the environment variable is PYTHONPATH and i has to contain the directory
where the dislin.pyd module can be found;
you should set environment variable DISLIN too
(see python.inf, which you can find in the dislin-distribution)

depending on your python version (2.4 or 2.5) you need the correct
dislin-distribution, because dislin is a fortran/c library with
a layer for python access.

and try some examples of the distribution (they are importing only dislin
and math modules).

hth

Herbert