DISLIN 9.3 stuck

michels at mps.mpg.de michels at mps.mpg.de
Thu May 8 03:33:31 EDT 2008

On 8 Mai, 02:55, adolfo <aguirre.ado... at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1- The strange thing is that I went to thedislindirectory in the C:
> drive and there was no disli.pyd file anywhere. I found the file in
> the My Documents subdirectory where I had originally unzipped thedislinarchived files I downloaded and from where I run the setup.

The name of the Dislin module for Python 2.5 is dislin.pyd, not
disli.pyd. It's
copied by the setup program to the directory c:\dislin\python if you
have choosed
the default installation directory c:\dislin.

> > you should set environment variableDISLINtoo
> > (see python.inf, which you can find in thedislin-distribution)
>
> 2 - Well I have followed theDISLIN9.3 inf file for Python 2.5.2 for
> Windows. It contains commands for a unix command line "unzip -o
> dl_93_py.zip setup first and then... " and then:
>
> " Windows 98/ME
>
>         Add the following commands to the autoexec.bat file
>
>         PATH=c:\dislin\win;%PATH%
>         SETDISLIN=c:\dislin
>         SET PYTHONPATH=c:\dislin\python
>
>      Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista
>
>         The environment variables can be set or modified with the
>         Control Panel
>         (see -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment
>         Variables)."
>
>  *** I have followed all these directions butDISLINstill does not
> shop up as a module when making the Python calls.

The environment variable for Python is PYTHONPATH without any blanks.
You can check
the variable with the command 'echo %PYTHONPATH%' at a command prompt.

Regards,

Helmut