New to Python, Discussion Groups.

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Sun May 18 20:45:36 EDT 2008

On May 18, 7:34�pm, cmoller <cmol... at dpbioventures.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Python and the use of discussion groups. Is there a FAQ
> for basic information so certain questions are not repeated?
>
> I am NOT an experienced programmer, but have decided to write a data
> logger for sensors sending data via an internal ethernet work to
> machines running OS X (Intel). The program should store data and allow
> real time plotting. It does not need a beautiful GUI, but I may want
> to share the program with others, so it should be somewhat intuitive.
> It looks like I could use Python to access MS Excel, which would
> significantly reduce the effort, but I am not sure if this is
> practical.

It ought to be as long as you have the modules to
interface with Excel and know how to use them.

Although MS-Access might be a better choice than Excel
as both products have the same graphing capabilities
but Access might be a better choice for capturing data.

And Python can easily insert data into Access.