New to Python, Discussion Groups.

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun May 18 21:38:37 EDT 2008

cmoller <cmoller at dpbioventures.com> writes:

> I am new to Python and the use of discussion groups.

Welcome to both.

> Is there a FAQ for basic information so certain questions are not
> repeated?

Congratulations on asking this question; it puts you ahead of many
other first-time posters.

Python's official FAQ documents are on the Python site
<URL:http://www.python.org/doc/faq/>.

Despite its arrogant tone, the document "How to Ask Questions the
Smart Way" <URL:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> is
a good guide for interacting well with technical discussion forums.

--
 \       "I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in |
  `\           every culture, is the story of Popeye."  -- Jack Handey |