Python and Flaming Thunder

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Tue May 13 13:59:35 EDT 2008

Hi Dave,

Flaming Thunder looks interesting especially the fact that you claim to have
maintainable multi-platform assembler code. Does this mean that if in the
next 3 years a new processor architecture comes out you will be able to port
your assembler code easily? Can you give us more detail about this? I also
have some assembler code which works on 32-bit x86 architectures but porting
that to 64-bit is already non-trivial, I mean has to be done by hand. Unless
you have an automatic tool to do these things.

About pricing: what led the company to pick this particular business model?
Have you considered other options? Like releasing the source as GPL or
something similar and offering technical support for money, training
developers or selling of support material like documentation, etc?

Cheers,
Daniel