Python and Flaming Thunder

Dan Upton upton at virginia.edu
Tue May 13 13:35:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Torsten Bronger
<bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>

>  Dave Parker writes:
>
>  >>  Notice that I said "free software", not "*** FREE *** software
>  >> !!!!  1!" (that is, free as in freedom, not free as in
>  >> beer). Read again my answer, considering this.
>  >
>  > I misread your meaning.
>
>  ... twice.  Flaming Thunder itself is not free software, is it?

For Dave, from FSF:

Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy,
distribute, study, change and improve the software. More precisely, it
refers to four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for
this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your
improvements to the public, so that the whole community benefits
(freedom 3). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

Now that we're all on the same page, maybe third time's the charm for
a response about FT not being free...