Newbie to python --- why should i learn !

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Fri May 9 04:37:01 EDT 2008

Raxit at MyKavita.com a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> i was reading/learning some hello world program in python.
> I think its very simillar to Java/C++/C#.

Err... You saw a Python helloworld and a Java helloworld and you found
them "very similar" ???

> What's different (except
> syntax) ?

dynamism (and not only wrt/ the type system), higher order functions,
closures, lazy evaluation... and fun.

> what can i do easily with python which is not easy in c++/java !?

Enjoy writing a working app focusing on the problem to solve instead of
wasting time writing boilerplate code and going thru hoops just to
satisfy the compiler.