NoneType Error

Maryam Saeedi ma.saeedi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 04:35:18 EDT 2008

I am using a python program on a lot of different documents and for few of
them I will get NoneType error. I just want to skip those files and continue
for others, I do this without a problem for
IndexError,TypeError,ValueError,NameError :

try:
except (IndexError,TypeError,ValueError,NameError):

but when I add NoneType it gives the following error:
except (NoneType,IndexError,TypeError,ValueError,NameError):
NameError: name 'NoneType' is not defined

and if I do not use the NoneType then it does not go through either and
stops the program when I get to such a file. Is there another name that
captures this error?

Thanks for your help,

Maryam