NoneType Error

Cédric Lucantis omer at no-log.org
Sun Jun 15 07:47:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

Le Sunday 15 June 2008 10:35:18 Maryam Saeedi, vous avez écrit :
> I am using a python program on a lot of different documents and for few of
> them I will get NoneType error. I just want to skip those files and
> continue for others, I do this without a problem for
> IndexError,TypeError,ValueError,NameError :
>
> try:
> except (IndexError,TypeError,ValueError,NameError):
>
> but when I add NoneType it gives the following error:
> except (NoneType,IndexError,TypeError,ValueError,NameError):
> NameError: name 'NoneType' is not defined
>
> and if I do not use the NoneType then it does not go through either and
> stops the program when I get to such a file. Is there another name that
> captures this error?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Maryam

you can get the none type with None.__class__ or with the 'types' module, but
it won't work as the except handler only accepts Exception classes. It sounds
like you're confusing with some other error, what is the exact message of
your 'NoneType error' ? The exception type you want to catch should be at the
beginning of it (as in 'TypeError: blah blah...')

--
Cédric Lucantis