The big shots

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Feb 18 23:26:15 EST 2008

In article <7xmypx61z6.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>,
Paul Rubin  <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
>aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
>>castironpi at gmail.com:
>>>
>>>Some of the ideas that have been proposed on Python-ideas as well as
>>>Python, have received partial evaluation from the alphas.
>>
>> What do you mean by "alphas"?
>
>Alpha test releases are the round of test distributions before the
>beta tests, which come before the release candidates which come before
>the final release.

Interesting, but I would bet that castironpi actually is referring to
"alpha males" (particularly in the context of "big shots"); however, your
confusion is precisely why I called it out.  Incoherent writing rarely
flies well in this community (which is one reason why I love Python!).

indirection."  --Butler Lampson