The big shots

Paul Rubin http
Mon Feb 18 22:48:13 EST 2008

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
> >Some of the ideas that have been proposed on Python-ideas as well as
> >Python, have received partial evaluation from the alphas.
>
> What do you mean by "alphas"?

Alpha test releases are the round of test distributions before the
beta tests, which come before the release candidates which come before
the final release.  Ever since Python 2.4, Python's functools module
has supported partial evaluation, bundling up some of the arguments to
a function into a closure (also called currying).  See:

  http://python.org/doc/lib/module-functools

Apparently some stuff from python-ideas has been curried into closures
using the version of that module from some early Python test releases.

I couldn't understand the rest of the post you're replying to either.
The above was the only part I could make any sense of.