The big shots

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Feb 18 22:41:36 EST 2008

In article <89d15587-e8de-444c-b240-4a10305146e0 at e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
 <castironpi at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm a little dissatisfied, and just thinking aloud.

What exactly are you dissatisfied with?  This post reminds me of one
reason why your ideas have not been well received: it is difficult to
understand what your point is.

Perhaps English is not your native language; if that is the case, you may
wish to either improve your proficiency or find someone else that you can
use your native language with to act as your champion.  (I'm not
denigrating you for not knowing English; it is simply a fact that most
Python core development takes place in English, and many of the core
developers -- including Guido himself, MaL, and MvL -- are not native
speakers, either.)

>Some of the ideas that have been proposed on Python-ideas as well as
>Python, have received partial evaluation from the alphas.

What do you mean by "alphas"?

indirection."  --Butler Lampson