The big shots

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:08:42 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 10:26 pm, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> In article <7xmypx61z6.... at ruckus.brouhaha.com>,
> Paul Rubin  <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
>
> >a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
> >>castiro... at gmail.com:

> >> What do you mean by "alphas"?
>
> >Alpha test releases are the round of test distributions before the
> >beta tests, which come before the release candidates which come before
> >the final release.
>
> Interesting, but I would bet that castironpi actually is referring to
> "alpha males" (particularly in the context of "big shots"); however, your
> confusion is precisely why I called it out.  Incoherent writing rarely
> flies well in this community (which is one reason why I love Python!).
> --
> Aahz (a... at pythoncraft.com)           <*>        http://www.pythoncraft.com/
>
> "All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of
> indirection."  --Butler Lampson

Who you callin' denigrates?  Ahem.  You think your ships don't
sink?  ;)

The problem did not seem to be miscommunication, rather bias.

What part of, "No one took the train before it was invented," do you
not understand?

No one climbed Mount Everest before it was discovered, and it wasn't
the tallest mountain until then either.