The big shots

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Feb 19 04:05:24 EST 2008

castironpi at gmail.com schrieb:
> I'm a little dissatisfied, and just thinking aloud.
>
> Some of the ideas that have been proposed on Python-ideas as well as
> Python, have received partial evaluation from the alphas.
>
> Lesser individuals than they could not have invented Python, and would
> be liable to ban me merely for this post.  Notwithstanding.
>
> The reason they have cited is, "It is not in prevalent use."
>
> The printing press, rail, automobiles, and Python, were not in
> prevalent use before their invention.  I.e., they -can't- come if one
> doesn't build it.  However, there were writing, transportation, and
> programming before these respectively; does it merely suffice to
> answer, "Yes it is?"
>
> The Python gurus' combined professional judgement results in Python.
>
> Looking through http://www.python.org/dev/peps/ , their own proposals
> don't meet their own criteria.  Start there.
>
> It is neither necessary nor sufficient that an expansion is or would
> be used.

I don't get it as well - in all other open-source-communities I've been
participating, the anonymous wacko shelling out half-baked,
incomprehensible ideas faster than a gatling gun *immediately* had the
full attention of the big-wigs, and after a short time became project lead.

No idea what's wrong with these people here - but I bet if you team up
with Illias, you can start working on his language-to-rule-them-all in
no time, shortening the delivery goal of 2011 immensly.

Looking-forward-to-it-ly yours,

Diez