RELEASED Python 2.5.2, release candidate 1

Paul Rubin http
Thu Feb 14 18:28:50 EST 2008

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:
> >> happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.2 (release candidate 1).

> So is the subject incorrect as well? If so, what should it say?

Neither place is technically incorrect, but both are written in a way
that could give a slightly wrong impression.

It might be a little bit clearer to refer to the package as something
like Python 2.5.2-RC1, so you'd say "happy to announce the release of
Python 2.5.2-RC1" and similarly on the subject line; and in the
announcement text, say more clearly that what was just released is not
the final, official, Python 2.5.2 distribution; it's more like a late
beta test.

I thought the original announcement text was fine, but that may be
because I'm accustomed to the Python release cycle including the RC
releases.