RELEASED Python 2.5.2, release candidate 1

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 14 19:10:56 EST 2008

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> I thought the original announcement text was fine, but that may be
> because I'm accustomed to the Python release cycle including the RC
> releases.

I think it's needlessly confusing to refer to a "release candidate
release"; that's almost an oxymoron. If it's a candidate for release,
then it's not yet a release.

Better to simply announce a release candidate, and reserve the term
"release" for a release (i.e. once the "release candidate" is accepted
as being ready for release).

--
 \     "Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands |
  `\                                             it." —Albert Einstein |