newbie question: converting csv to another dialect

Albert-jan Roskam fomcl at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 06:11:24 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have a csv file with tab as a delimiter. I want to
convert it into one that is comma delimited. I changed
the regional settings on my computer to US.

At first I thought I could use the CSV module for
this, by reading the csv file, registering the new
(desired = comma-delimited) dialect, and writing it.

Another option (which may be easier) I tried was:
f = open('d:/temp/myfile.csv', ' rw')
for row in f:
    row.replace("\t",",")

Which is a start, but doesn't do the entire job.
Could somebody help me with this please?

Thanks very much in advance!

Albert-Jan