pytz has so many timezones!

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 05:09:16 EDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Sanjay <skpatel20 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using pytz.common_timezones to populate the timezone combo box of
> some user registration form. But as it has so many timezones (around
> 400), it is a bit confusing to the users. Is there a smaller and more
> practical set? If not, some suggestions on how to handle the
> registration form effectively would help me a lot.

Windows timezone selector only lists about 80 timezones. But why force
the user to select timezone? Let them select from a list of countries
and then infer the timezone from that data. With multiple alternatives
for countries with more than one timezone, United States EST, United
States PST and so on.

--
mvh Björn