Building sparc64 32/64-bit Python

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Oct 22 16:28:16 EDT 2007

> Is this possible or do I really have to install two complete but
> separate Pythons although most of the files are the same?

That configuration is not explicitly supported in the build process.

Notice that the "Python libraries" are not entirely platform
independent. On Sparc64, the byte code files may be different
from the byte code files on Sparc, if the source code contains
integer literals above 2**31. Such literals would be marshaled
as TYPE_LONG (l) on Sparc32, but as TYPE_INT64 (I) on Sparc64.

Regards,
Martin