How to create a file on users XP desktop

goldtech goldtech at worldpost.com
Mon Oct 8 10:19:43 EDT 2007

> from win32com.shell import shell, shellcon
>
> desktop = shell.SHGetFolderPath (0, shellcon.CSIDL_DESKTOP, 0, 0)
>
> </code>

Tim,

How did you learn Win32com?

Other than the O'Reilly book, I've never found a lot of
documentation.

Trying to browse COM in PythonWin is tough - there's tons of stuff in
there. I've never been able to find the Win32com classes, methods,
usage examples when I browse COM in PythonWin.

For example where is, shell.SHGetFolderPath and shellcon.CSIDL_DESKTOP
officially documented?

Did you learn from using Visual C++ or VB? How did you learn this
stuff?

Thanks,
Lee G.