How to create a file on users XP desktop

goldtech goldtech at worldpost.com
Mon Oct 8 09:51:18 EDT 2007

> from win32com.shell import shell, shellcon
>
> desktop = shell.SHGetFolderPath (0, shellcon.CSIDL_DESKTOP, 0, 0)
>
> </code>

I have a general problem with using win32com. It's the documentation.
I never know what is available, what classes, methods, what they do.
Even some of the existing documentation admits existing documentation
is scant e.g. "you're just expected to know".

Other than the O'Reilly book. People say to browse COM with PythonWin.
When I try this I'm confronted with a dizzying array, there's tons of
stuff in there. Where's  win32com? If I find it will there be a
synopsis on each class, each classes methods? Will there be usage
examples?

If I'm wrong please educate me.