Using python as primary language

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Wed Nov 14 11:46:32 EST 2007

On 13 Nov, 22:39, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:

> The wxPython user's group mentions charting quite a bit. I think they
> use matplotlib among others. You might contact them for suggestions as
> well.

Indeed, use NumPy/SciPy and matplotlib if you are using Python for
numerical computing and data visualization. Matplotlib has capabilites
similar to the 2D plotting/charting of Matlab, and gives you beautiful
antialiased graphs. Matplotlib works nicely with wxPython, PyGTK and
tkinter.

NumPy and matplotlib is not in the Python standard library, but I hope
that will change one day.