Using python as primary language

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Wed Nov 14 12:25:04 EST 2007

On 14 Nov, 01:07, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:

> I'm not sure if you mean both above "compared to Java" - but I won't
> call Swing/AWT "good" - eclipse doesn't come with SWT for nothing.

Swing vs. SWT is a matter of taste and religion.

The main complaint against Swing was how it looked. That has changed.
Also, Swing was sluggish ong Windows and SWT was sluggish on X11.

> And I
> simply don't understand the networking that works with GUI toolkits. I'm
> aware of some eventloop-unifications twisted does, but I never really
> understood the need for that - multi-threading is a problem for GUIs,
> not for networking. And queues are your friend.

Indeed.

I think the need for these "eventloop unifications" stems from Visual
Basic. VB programmers never learned to use more than one thread, and
they are still struggling to unlearn the bad habits they aquired.