Memory problem

Rolf Wester rolf.wester at ilt.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 15 05:19:39 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a strange (for me) memory problem. When running a loop in a
Python program memory usage increases from about 4% up to 100%. I do a
gc.collect() every loop cycle but this doesn't help. There are about
67000 objects that are tracked by the garbage collector. This number
does vary a little bit but does not increase on average whereas the
memory usage does. The number of garbage objects (len(gc.garbage()) is
zero. This is a very severe problem for my application, so I would be
very appreciative for any help.

With kind regards

Rolf