Memory problem

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Nov 15 05:31:00 EST 2007

Rolf Wester wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strange (for me) memory problem. When running a loop in a
> Python program memory usage increases from about 4% up to 100%. I do a
> gc.collect() every loop cycle but this doesn't help. There are about
> 67000 objects that are tracked by the garbage collector. This number
> does vary a little bit but does not increase on average whereas the
> memory usage does. The number of garbage objects (len(gc.garbage()) is
> zero. This is a very severe problem for my application, so I would be
> very appreciative for any help.

well, it might be that the relative moon humidity resonates with the
loop-cycle, creating quantum-flux in the main memory banks.

Or not.

Seriously - what help do you expect without showing us _any_ code or at
least getting into details like usage of libs, python-version, possible
C-extensions, platform, ....

Diez