List Moderator

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe+thunder at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:53:01 EDT 2007

Grant Edwards:

> To quantify things for curiosity's sake, I just scanned through
> the last 1000 postings in c.l.p.  There was exactly 1 spam
> message and two replies to spam messages complaining about
> them.

    Looking at all my cached messages, I saw 9 including replies. Only
one reply went through the mail server to reach me as shown by its
headers (such as X-BeenThere: python-list at python.org). The most obvious
non-reply *appeared* to be injected into usenet from Google Groups and
today's "Boobies" was similar. If you are reading through usenet, spam
messages are recognised and expired early - I don't know what mechanism
is used for this.

    Neil