List Moderator

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon May 21 10:24:11 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-21, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> On 2007-05-20, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>>> It doesn't all go through a central point - users like me who use a news
>>> server to access the list submit articles through a local news server
>>> using NNTP. While there *is* a single point of access for articles
>>> pulled from python.org's news server and gatewayed out as email (and for
>>> which the filters you mention probably ought to help), articles I see
>>> have never been processed by this interface.
>>>
>> 	Which doesn't explain why only comp.lang.python, of the several
>> newsgroups I read, seems to be so spam-filled...
>
> Maybe I've got a better news server, but I don't see much spam
> at all in c.l.p.

To quantify things for curiosity's sake, I just scanned through
the last 1000 postings in c.l.p.  There was exactly 1 spam
message and two replies to spam messages complaining about
them.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Everybody is going
                                  at               somewhere!!  It's probably