Installation of eyeD3 on Windows (newbie)

phishboh at gmail.com phishboh at gmail.com
Sun May 6 08:55:59 EDT 2007

As a Python introduction exercise, I plan to write a script to
automatically rename my music files according to the information in
the ID3 tag (v2.X), and update the tag if necessary.
To read/write ID3 tags, I found the eyeD3 library (http://
eyed3.nicfit.net/).
However, I could not find any downloads or installation instructions
for Windows, only for other OSs. I downloaded "eyeD3-0.6.13.tar.gz"
anyway and unpacked it. Since I couldn't find any installation
instructions for Windows, I tried renaming the file "setup.py.in" to
"setup.py" to run the command "python setup.py install" from the
command window in the directory of "eyeD3-0.6.13".
After that, I tried "import eyeD3" and "from eyeD3 import *;", as in
the file "eyeD3" in the bin directory without any success:

import eyeD3
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\site-packages\eyeD3-0.6.13\bin
\eyeD3.py", line 33, in <module>
    from eyeD3.tag import *;
ImportError: No module named tag

I would highly appreciate if someone could help me with how to proceed
(step-by-step) to get started and use the eyeD3 library in Windows?

Many thanks in advance!