Plot with scipy

Lou Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Sun May 6 11:02:03 EDT 2007

In article <1178287027.434242.230170 at h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
 redcic <cedric.louyot at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've already got this package. I just wanted to try something new.
>
> However, since you talk about it, I've got a question regarding this
> package. The execution of the code stops after the line:
> pylab.show()
> which is off course the last line of my code. My problem is that I
> have to close the figure window in order to launch my program another
> time. I'd like to be able to launch my program many times with
> different parameters without having to close the figure windows before
> each launch.
> Just so you know, I'm using TkAgg backend.
>
> Any hint ?

Here's what I do and it works well.  I am using a Mac so the text
programs I mention are available there, but I bet you can find similar
programs on Windows, Linus, or Unix (I think Emacs can do this, too).

I use a text editor to write the source code and launch it in a Terminal
window.  On the Mac BBEdit does this and you can get its free version
TextWrangler.  I can launch a program to do a plot, go back to the
editor to change somehting and launch it again all while the first plot
window is still open.  I get two terminal windows waiting on the closing
of their respective plot windows.  I can click on each plot window and
bring them to the front for comparison. Of course, I can continue to
launch more and compare many plot windows.  Works for me.

Maybe there are other approaches that others can tell about.