PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

René Fleschenberg rene at korteklippe.de
Tue May 15 08:35:33 EDT 2007

Thorsten Kampe schrieb:
>> It is impossible to write Python in a native language other than English
>> even with the implementation of this PEP. All you get is a weird mixture
>> of English identifiers from various libraries and identifiers in your
>> native language.
>
> You have a few English keywords that are not meant to be understood
> but can be learned.

I am talking about the stdlib, not about the very few keywords Python
has. Are you going to re-write the standard library in your native
language so you can have a consistent use of natural language among your
code?

> It neither encourages or discourages anything. And I don't think
> encouraring or discouraging code sharing is a good thing. There is
> simply no general reason to do so.

I disagree, but since that is a question of ideology, it makes little
sense to argue about it.

--
René